What is zinc?
Zinc is an important mineral ion that is to be found in oyster, eggs, fish, poultry, grains such as almonds and pumpkins.
It helps in:
- Healing wounds faster
- Protein synthesis
- Cell division, growth and development.
Why do you need zinc supplementation?
Zinc supplementation is important in people with deficiency of the ion.
Athletes are asked to supplement it since they lose it while sweating.
Plant zinc in legumes, whole grains and cereals has been found to have low bioavailability because it binds itself with phytates and therefore it is not absorbed directly into the body. A study done by the Office of Dietary Supplements in the US National Institute of Health shows that animal zinc is better than plant zinc since it is more bioavailable.
Zinc supplementation can be got from supplements such as testogen that we have reviewed here.
Symptoms of low zinc intake
If you have zinc deficiency, the following signs are likely to show up
- A lethargic body
- Stunted growth
- Wounds taking long to heal
- Low testosterone
High zinc intake symptoms
At the same time, taking too much zinc supplementation is not a cool thing since you might have to deal with the following problems.
- Loss of appetite
Zinc and increasing testosterone
Our main focus in writing this article was examining whether zinc has any testosterone boosting properties in your body. Does it contribute to more free testosterone flowing in you?
Well, we found studies suggesting that zinc indeed does contribute to higher testosterone levels.
It is an Aromatase inhibitor
When zinc is absorbed into the blood stream, it acts as an aromatase inhibitor and in this way, it frees up more testosterone into the body.
Let me explain that a little bit.
Your body endocrinological system is continually producing testosterone. However, only 2% of this is free testosterone that is able to help you boost your sexual drive, alertness, muscle growth and all that. The rest is either absorbed by the Sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) or is converted into estrogen formats such as estradiol in a process called aromatization.
Now estrogen is the main female hormone (but it also occurs in males) and is responsible for fat and man boobs.
If we are to get rid of man boobs and fatty tissues in your body, then we have to take care of aromatization. We have to stop this process it somehow. Zinc has been found to be a great aromatase inhibitor and is therefore great in ensuring that you have a high level of free testosterone in your body.
In a study, men with zinc deficiency were also found to have low testosterone. This was corrected by giving them zinc supplementation.
How to add zinc into your body?
We have mentioned that foods such as oyster shells, fish, almond seeds among others are rich in zinc. However, not all the zinc in these foods is bioavailable and as such you may require supplementation if a doctor finds that you have a deficiency of the mineral ions.
Supplement pills such as testogen have been found to be rich in zinc and will therefore boost your testosterone levels. You can see a full testogen review here.
More from my site
- Male Extra Review - April 20, 2018
- Garcinia Cambogia Extra Review - April 17, 2018
- Three of the Strongest muscle building at gnc (2018 Cycle) - April 5, 2018
- Allopathic medicine to increase sperm count - April 3, 2018
- [TOP] 2 of the best Indian medicine to increase sperm count  - April 3, 2018
- Herbal medicine to increase sperm count - April 3, 2018
- Pills for keeping you hard [2018 review]| Instant Hard On Pills to try out in 2018 - April 2, 2018
- How Ronnie Coleman got so ripped| Supplement Ronnie used to get Ripped - March 31, 2018
- Ronnie Coleman Out of Danger after Surgery - March 9, 2018
- Shooting Blanks! Is there any medicine to increase sperm count and seminal motility? - March 8, 2018