Other than zinc, magnesium is another essential mineral that boosts testosterone. In this post, we will look at how the ion does this. We will also look at what foods you can take in order to increase the mineral in your body, what studies support the fact that it is a testosterone booster and what supplementation pills you can take to increase the mineral in your body.
What is magnesium and what foods increase it in the body
Magnesium ion is an essential electrolyte in your body. It is also gives energy to your cells, helps in bone formation as well as heart health. On top of all that, magnesium increases your free testosterone levels.
What foods to take to increase magnesium in the body
Foods such as avocadoes, almond and pumpkin seeds, spinach and figs. Interestingly, a report has shown that most Americans are not getting enough magnesium in their bodies. This is posing dangers such as weak bones, heart disease and adhd. Why is this so?
Well, for one most Americans are not able to eat these magnesium rich foods because they binge on junk. At the same time, even those who eat the foods do not get the right quantities.
Relying on magnesium from plants has been found to be insufficient because the mineral binds itself to phytic acid and therefore it is not bio-available in the body even after taking the mentioned foods. Supplementation is therefore vital if one is to reap from magnesium ion.
How does magnesium increase your testosterone levels?
Just like stinging nettle root extract, magnesium binds itself with the sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) freeing up testosterone into your blood stream.
In looking at the testosterone benefits of stinging nettle, we mentioned that the most important testosterone in your body is the free, bioavailable one that circulates around your body boosting your libido, rectifying erectile dysfunction, making you more muscular and curing you off man boobs.
This free testosterone though is very low in quantity because most of the hormone is bound to the SHBG protein.
Magnesium is a good binder to the SHBG and therefore when taking it you will have more free testosterone.
Studies showing that magnesium truly does increase testosterone levels.
A 2011 study by the Biological Trace Element showed that supplementation with magnesium mineral improved the total and free testosterone hormone quantities in both sedentary men and athletes.
How to supplement magnesium for testosterone boosting
If you are looking to boost your testosterone levels by supplementing on your magnesium intake, then you are in the right place. Testogen is a great supplement to use. It is made with zinc, fenugreek, stinging nettle extract as well as magnesium. You can read its review here.
More from my site
- Ronnie Coleman Out of Danger after Surgery - March 9, 2018
- Shooting Blanks! Is there any medicine to increase sperm count and seminal motility? - March 8, 2018
- Testogen: The best male enhancement pills that work fast - March 8, 2018
- Does D Aspartic Acid increase testosterone levels? Studies Reveal the Truth - March 2, 2018
- Does Tribulus Terestris Increase Testosterone Levels? Studies Show That It Does Not Boost Testosterone But Rather Increases Libido - March 1, 2018
- Magnesium in increasing testosterone - March 1, 2018
- Zinc and its testosterone benefits - February 28, 2018
- Stinging Nettle to Increase Testosterone, Cure Hair Loss and Man boobs, Bodybuilding, Rectify Erectile Dysfunction and as an Estrogen Blocker - February 28, 2018
- 8 Reasons why you should trust Phenq for your weight loss needs - February 14, 2018
- Best Treadmills with 400 lb weight capacity | Treadmill for Big Guys - January 31, 2018